Bright Water provides an excellent and equitable Montessori education in North Minneapolis to an intentionally diverse community of students..
Our students will develop the character strengths, social and emotional skills, creativity, passion for learning and college-preparatory academic capabilities that will enable them to lead lives of joy and purpose.
- Education for Life: We use the Montessori method to expose our children to the beauty of their world and spark their passion for learning about it and making it better. We prepare our learning environments to foster intrinsic motivation, student leadership, independence, community, critical thinking and mindfulness.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusiveness: We value diversity of perspective, background and experience, because exposure to difference accelerates the learning and development of each of us and prepares students for citizenship in our multicultural society. We work to ensure that our community is open, accessible, and welcoming to all. We actively fight against institutional and structural racism, sexism and economic inequality to ensure the greatest opportunities and results for all of our students.
- High Expectations, Data-Driven and Continuously Improving: We believe that college-preparatory academic work is for all children, and we take responsibility for helping our students fulfill their potential. We record and use our observations and data from assessments to help us determine what is working and what is not, and we do what it takes to get better every day.
- Interconnectedness: We exist in a great web of connection with each other, with the community that surrounds us and with all living things. We develop our students’ respect for themselves and their relationships with other people and with the natural world, so that they will relish and protect our global community and our environment, now and in the future.
- Family-School Partnership: We provide a school-based education that complements the foundational learning environment that families create at home. We understand that families have high expectations for the work we do with their children and we take responsibility for honoring their choice and trust. We build real relationships with families, communicate openly and honestly with them, and we work to make it easy for them to communicate with us.