Our Toddler and Children's House classrooms are year-round, so children can continue from June to mid-August if families choose. We offer the same high-quality education in the summer, but with many more opportunities for outdoor play and adventure. In addition to our hands-on learning in the classroom, children go on walking field trips to local parks, swimming pools, and libraries. There are also visits by the mounted park police, fire department, baby farm animals, storytellers, musicians, and many more entertaining activities. The children plant a garden in the spring and help to nurture the garden during the summer months to ensure a bountiful harvest in the fall.
Notes about summer enrollment:
• Students need not be enrolled in the school during the regular school year to participate in Bright Water's summer program.
• We highly recommend that students beginning their kindergarten year in the fall enroll in our summer program. The summer helps increase their school readiness and lays the foundation for learning once the school year starts.
• Kindergarten graduates may also attend the summer program prior to entering first grade.
Elementary children have an opportunity to join Bright Water for summer activities as well. See below for program options and tuition.
Summer program details:
• Summer enrollment is for children ages 16 months to 6 years. (We do not offer an elementary summer program.)
• The summer program begins in early June, about 3 days after the regular school year ends, and ends in mid-August. The school is closed for two weeks near the end of August for teachers to prepare for fall.
• Children may attend half or full days. Available hours are 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
• Students pay tuition but scholarships may be available.